Every two weeks, The Podcast Dragon is sent out with a longer review for a podcast. This is typically my brief thoughts on the show, including:
- a basic description for the show
- a couple of things that I liked
- any issues that I had
- who I would recommend the show for
- star rating out of five
The star rating is a newer element, so my older reviews won’t have it. It’s pretty simple, with ★ as a full star and ☆ as a half star.
★ = I strongly disliked this.
★★ = I didn’t like this.
★★★ = I liked this/It’s pretty average.
★★★★ = I loved this.
★★★★★ = I adored this.
If you would like me to review your show, here’s what I’m looking for:
- Shows that are either more than five episodes (20 minutes or more per episode) or more than ten episodes (10 minutes or less per episode). However if you don’t meet this, feel free to send me your show and if I like it, I’ll add it to the new and upcoming shows section!
- Audio dramas. I do not review non-fiction podcasts as I’m in school and listen to podcasts as a way to relax and find non-fiction shows hard to focus on. (Actual plays count as audio dramas provided that there’s more of a focus on storytelling than conversation). This also applies to press releases.
- Shows that aren’t harmful to any group of people.
I will review pretty much any genre of show except zombie apocalypse stories or shows with excessive gore (if you’re not sure if it’s excessive, feel free to ask!)
Please send your review request to email@example.com along with:
- A basic description of your show
- A list of any potential triggers
- A press kit (if you have one)
- A link to your website and social media
- Anything else you think it’s important for me to know!
Terms for review
- I am allowed to decline reviewing
- My review will be honest
- I will tell you when the review will be posted. Some reviews may take longer to come out depending on how long the show is. I also might be working on another review for an earlier edition. If this date changes, I will let you know.
- Paid reviews will take priority over unpaid reviews. Otherwise, it’s first-come-first-serve.
- I will complete a review according to the format I have listed above. If you would like a longer review, you will have to pay me. If you can’t pay for a full review but would like to tip me, I have a kofi.
- You will accept the review and not send me harassment if there’s something that I don’t like about the show. You can ask for advice on how to fix it, but you cannot be a jerk.
- Please confirm that you have read these terms when you contact me. If not, I will send them to you again.